Why would you enroll in a GREEN BOOK? First lets review the three parts of
the NCO road map for career development.
- We know the Noncommissioned Officer Education System (NCOES) provides the basis
for progressive attainment of military skills.
- Additionally, we know that civilian education achievements are also a goal, to
include attainment of an Associates Degree.
- Links military and civilian education, is a series of courses on subjects which
support skill building in each area.
To help you meet these goals ATSC has combined these subjects, such as math,
reading comprehension, communications skills, management tools, etc., into two
Green Book courses:
- Primary Leadership Subjects -- ACCP Course Number: 553BD21 (Eligibility -
soldiers in the rank of PVT thru SPC/CPL) is the first course targeted for
soldiers who are ready to attend the Primary Leadership Development Course (PLDC).
It covers subjects such as math skills, reading comprehension/study
methods/management and writing mechanics/composition.
- Basic Leadership Subjects -- ACCP Course Number: 553BD31 (Eligibility - soldiers
in the rank of SGT or SSG who have completed PLDC) is the second course and is
for those students ready to attend the Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course (BNCOC).
It contains lessons on communications, behavioral sciences, and briefings/visual
Note: These courses are strictly voluntary. They are NOT pre-requisites for PLDC
Enroll today through the
Army Correspondence Course Program Logon screen.